Wednesday, November 28, 2007

last weekend

You want to hear all the cool stuff you can do in Miami? Since I can't speak Spanish, it's probably not a good idea for me to live there, but the beach was great! Somehow (I'm a nonswimmer) I made it out to this sand bar where I was able to happily frolick about. Then one evening we watched a movie on the beach. They've opened up a outdoor big screen cinema where you bring your lawn chair and blanket. We watched "Enchanted", which is a perfect movie for that setting. Down on the Port of Miami we were also able to go up in a hot air balloon...where it was discovered that Caleb has a fear of heights, and then we went over to the "island of the rich & famous" on a boat so we could gawk at some mansions and stare at some celebrities while they were trying to have a peaceful weekend at their pool. Anyway, it was a fun weekend with the family. It's such a good feeling to see one's kids all grown up and still alive and basically healthy and self sufficient (more or less). What did you all do for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Jerri said...

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I actually went to bed the night before at a reasonable time, because we only had our family over for dinner. Chris, Cam and baby Conner came over before dinner so that all of the men could play basketball, as is their tradition. (Don Sr., Don Jr. and Chris were narrowly defeated by Steve and Nathan.) Cameron and Conner hung out with me while I cooked dinner. Then Chris, Cam and baby went to Cam's mom's family for dinner--it was their turn. We had dinner around 4:30 and then friends came over and we all played games. Our dog, Charlie, got out briefly, which sent me and a few other searching all over the neighborhood. That was it for family drama. It was a nice holiday. I'm always thankful for my family at Thanksgiving. This year, we are especially thankful for baby Conner! Don and I are having fun being grandma and granddad!