Thursday, January 10, 2008

Don't you just love new beginnings?

I may be one of the few people in the world who actually loves January! After the holidays, there's seems to be a bit more time to think and reflect. (I remember being at a conference once where a sign said, "Welcome to worship ministry, where you get to think about Christmas nine months out of the year!") :)
Anyway, back to reflecting. Yes, I know New Year's resolutions are often soon forgotten, but what a great opportunity to try...once more...to commit to being a better _______. I think it's great! I want to run a mile 2 or 3 times a week (all you runners out there can stop laughing!). I want to be a certain weight by my anniversary. I've got photo album projects and song projects and about thirty worship DVD/CDs to review. I want to teach Caleb some piano lessons. I want to paint the basement and two bathrooms.

Actually, what I really want to do is stay in touch with God as to what He's got planned for me. What a colossal waste of time to try to embark on any endeavor without His blessing, His plan, and His timing. I just heard something over the weekend which I think may go on my door.

Regarding theology: be as immovable as possible.
Regarding methodology: be as creative and innovative as possible.

And may the above never be switched around. As Paul said, "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." (I Cor 9:22) Now there was a man looking for ways to connect with his community. Have a wonderful 2008, everyone!

P.S. Note to "anonymous" GatorPHD94...I totally understand where you're coming from. Give me a call so I can tell you of some cool discoveries re: this. 703-631-2100

No comments: